With the competition in the hospitality industry being neck and neck you want to make sure your hotel is successful. When you look at your hotel I know you might be wondering what factors are contributing to your hotel’s success. You also might be asking yourself about the negative points of your inn that needs improvement. Stop spending lots of time in thinking about the areas that, your hotel needs to be improved. It’s the time to take actions to improve the management of your inn. Here is a list of these points:
- Welcome guests with a smile: Always treat your guests with a smile on your face. Greet them at the door as they arrive and leave. Make guests feel at home and always place their needs first. Be open and easily approachable, make suggestions to visitors of local areas they might like to visit or inform them of events and specials that are taking place around the inn.
- Build and lead a great team: As a hotel manager you are only good as your team around you. That is why forming and leading a great team is very important. You should hire people with right skills, positive attitude and character that will help you to achieve your goals. The best way to lead a team is to provide them timely feedback on their success and make corrections where you find necessary.
- Be prepared for emergencies: Guests always prefer hotels that provide excellent safety and security services. With the possibility of hundreds or even thousands of people staying in your innards, it is important that you have a clear plan for emergencies. Train your staff for the incidents of violence. Ensure that all safety equipments are in proper working condition.
- Be a good communicator and a good listener: Always make your point clear in front of your guests. Be a good communicator and a good listener. Listen the problems facing by your guests with patience and do your best to solve these problems. Communication is the best way to win your guest’s hearts. Communication can prevent mistakes and conflict.
- Treat your employees right: Always treat your employees with respect and dignity. Put yourself in the position of them and do as you want when be in their position. Talk to your employees with nobility.
- Always learning and improving: Hotel managers are often a jack-of-all-trades because their position forces them to be. Developing a keen eye to stop problems and areas of weakness will greatly allow your hotel to continue to improve and ensure your ability to offer a satisfactory customer experience. Educate yourself, learn from others and follow industry related blogs and news.
- Have fun: As a manager it is your duty to enjoy your staff, guests and enjoy your work. Fun is necessary in every work place for a strong bond between manager and employees. As a manager, you have a great opportunity to influence your work environment and to foster hard work and fun.